October 20th is T-Day!
What do you think about when you think about Art? Paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings, things created with the hands and mind of an artist are what it all comes from, and we will dedicate a day to celebrate the original spirit of creativity! Every new art form has spawned from the Traditional Art's cradle, and bound to it in terms of composition, styles, palette, volume, etc.
Traditional Art is the source of it all, and Traditional Artists deserve the recognition!
`SandraPelly, the brains and heart behind this initiative, said:
"Everything starts with an idea, a sketch in the mind's eye, and then it takes a bit of push to get that idea out. We want to bring the spotlight to the Traditional Art community. We have organized a celebration of the physical manipulation of the physical medium Traditional Art Day and Contest. For one day we want to celebrate Traditional Art and Artists on Deviant Art. We want to invite the deviantART community to help us explore and celebrate the diversity of Traditional Art, all amazing drawings, paintings, ceramics, collages, sculptures, mixed media...".
The Traditional Gallery Directors and `SandraPelly, together with a growing list of volunteers, are preparing a whole day packed with activities, giveaways, articles and features... and the launching of an all-Traditional contest with great prizes. This will be a community-driven event, so we're counting on you to make it a success!!!
- #traditional is being featured on #dAmn from today! on the 20th we'll have 24 hours of critique and sub giveaways!
- We're taking over the news feed! A great team of volunteers are preparing articles and features for all to explore the best of the Traditional Gallery.
- An All-Traditional Contest will be launched, so sharpen your pencils and dip your brushes, we'll have great prizes for you!
- Much more activities and giveaways during the day, you don't want to miss it!
Get Involved! Right Now!
You can begin making the 20th an awesome day right now! Here's what you can do:
- Prepare a journal presenting your favorite Traditional artist (without telling them you will pimp them yet!), and write why you like them (a bit more than they are just "wow") and review 3 of their traditional art works. Even if you're not a Traditional Artist i'm sure there is one that just blows you away. This is the time for letting them know!
- Submit at least one piece of Traditional Art on the 20th: you don't have to be traditional artist to do this, the whole point is to have fun and do something wonderful for the fun of it. Go get messy, pick up brushes, pencils, clay, go create!
- Use the stamps that have been made by volunteers for Traditional Art Day, show your support and spread the word!
`SandraPelly's journal will be Information Central that day, with a whole record of activities and features for you to browse, so you won't miss a thing
Spread the word! October 20th is Traditional Art Day!!!